Network review - We'd love your comments
Hello Slow Wayers,
If you'd like to contribute to the review then we can use this chain here. The deadline for comments is Tuesday 21st March which feels like a tight turnaround. As you read more information below you'll find out more about what we're doing and that these are more tweaks.
It is important to know that at some point in the future we will add a new "denser" layer to Slow Ways. This layer will have more nodes and a greater density of routes. This denser layer would compliment, and not compete with, the current network.
Keeping that in mind, we want to make a small number of changes to the current network. The purpose of these changes are mostly to correct issues in its original design.
All of the suggestions have come via the forum, email and the helpdesk over the last year. We have reviewed them all and here is a map of the suggested edits we'd like to make.
We would love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas on the forum here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we're looking for:
- Your general opinion on any/all of the changes
- Any errors that you might spot from the changes we've made (e.g. we've added a new place and not all of its associated new Slow Ways)
- Any essential changes to the network that you think are required that we may have missed. Please keep in mind that we have plans to create that denser layer of routes in the future. We do know there are lots of places that deserve nodes!
- There were some suggested Slow Way places and routes which we felt would be part of another (or denser) layer and so aren't for just now.
- There are other changes that we're looking at such as increasing the number of nodes of Scotland's islands. These need more work and so will be left for the next review, or for the denser layer.
- March 21st - Deadline for any comments
- March 23rd - Final map/list of changes will be created
- March 24th-26th - Route creation sprint: a sprint to draft pioneer routes for all new Slow Ways
- March 27th - Urban Good will add the routes to the new printed map
Please let me know via email@example.com if you might like to help with route creation sprint?
Please sign in to leave a comment.